Are you interviewing a potential nanny soon? You may be wondering what kind of nanny interview questions to ask during the interview.
Should you ask more professional questions or more personal ones? After all, your future nanny will be watching your children. How much more personal can it get?
If you’re one of those parents who researches everything, just like me, then you’re in luck.
These questions are in no specific order. Instead, they will provide basic question ideas as a guide when conducting your nanny interviews. We’ve even provided a link to our full nanny interview questions guide.
Here are some basic nanny interview questions every family should ask
- Why do you want to be a nanny?
- What was your last childcare experience like, and why did it end?
- How much experience do you have working with children?
- Have you ever handled an emergency? If so, what was it, and how did you handle it?
- What do you consider your strengths as a nanny?
- What certifications do you have?
Additional nanny interview questions
- What are your thoughts on discipline?
- How do you feel about housekeeping or traveling with the children (if applicable)?
- What values are most important to you?
- How might you help my children learn?
- Are you familiar with the area?
Having these nanny interview questions handy will help you feel confident during the interview process. Find here our full printable guide of helpful nanny interview questions used by our agency.
Here’s a bonus tip. After meeting a nanny that you are interested in, you should always call the references to give you peace of mind. Keep in mind; we always call the references. However, talking parent to parent can be very helpful in determining whether a given nanny is a good fit!
Good luck with your interviewing!