Loving Nannies has been in the nanny business for over 20 years and we’ve gathered many ideas on what great San Diego nanny characteristics should be. Being a San Diego nanny is not as easy as one would think and takes a specific type of person to become an amazing nanny for a family in need. So, to help you decide if you’re the right person for the job, or if families just want to know what to expect when hiring a nanny, we have compiled the top San Diego nanny characteristics that make San Diego’s Loving Nannies the best nannies.
San Diego Nanny Characteristics
- Responsible. This includes reliable. Families need to be able to count on their nanny professionally and also as a role model. Loving nannies are always on time, professional, and reliable.
- Engaged. Nannies are active, creative, interested, and present. They don’t play on social media all day or have the television do their job for them. They cook meals, set up crafts, play outside, or read stories because they want to not because they have to.
- Patient. Nannies have patience for the many moments of bad behavior, accidents, or mistakes. Knowing how to respond to unfortunate things that happen on a regular basis is important. Patience is a virtue for a reason.
- Prepared. Your nanny is focused and ready. An extra prepared nanny will have certifications such as CPR and first aid. Being prepared for common life mishaps AND not so common emergencies is an important and necessary characteristic of being a nanny.
- Friendly. Nannies are not only role models, but a child’s new friend. It can be tough at first, being with a nanny you know nothing about. As time passes and friendships are made, making new memories everyday with children will come easy and be fun.