If you’re a San Diego nanny and are looking to change it up and provide a memorable experience, our San Diego Nanny Guide of kid friendly Museums can help. Unfortunately, all the rain lately has been tough on our little ones. Luckily, for those living in San Diego, tons of awesome museums are at our fingertips ready to be explored.
Top Kid Friendly San Diego Nanny Museums
- The San Diego Air and Space Museum is an aviation and space exploration museum located in Balboa Park.
- Fleet Science Center is a science museum and planetarium located in Balboa Park. This is an amazing place filled with all things science where kids can explore and investigate more than 100 interactive exhibits.
- Did you know that San Diego Model Railroad Museum is the largest indoor exhibit in the world? Also located in Balboa Park, little ones who love trains will love this museum.
- Children of all ages can explore indoor and outdoor interactive educational exhibits at the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum in Escondido.
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps is a museum located near UCSD. While filled with interactive activities, kids can also see and learn about over 5000 fish in 60+ habitats.
- Nannies and kids can learn about California nature at the San Diego Botanical Gardens located in Encinitas. This garden contains 37 acres of gardens including bamboo groves, desert gardens, and a tropical rainforest.
- Kids can explore the natural history of Southern California at the San Diego Natural History Museum. It is also located in Balboa Park and is the oldest scientific museum in Southern California.
Also, if you’re a San Diego nanny, check out a museum’s website for special days where kids get in free. Take the time and explore one of these museums. The kids will see how fun it can be learning about science, art, history, nature, or the ocean. Being a San Diego nanny can be a lot of fun and there’s lots that you can learn yourself while doing a job that you love.