There’s been many rainy days in San Diego these last few weeks and so we’ve come up with some San Diego Nanny Rainy Day Ideas to keep you busy. Even if it’s pouring, that doesn’t mean you can’t get out of the house and have some fun. Check out our list of San Diego Nanny Rainy Day Ideas for your next new adventure!
San Diego Nanny Rainy Day Ideas
- Visit a Trampoline Park and let the little ones jump away that rainy day energy. Kids under 3 years old get in free at most places. Unless you have jumped there before, a grip sock purchase will be necessary, but its worth it. Kids can jump for 30 minutes, an hour, or as long as they want. Places like Altitude Trampoline Park and Sky Zone are the most popular ones around, but there are plenty others in almost every city in San Diego County.
- If you’re looking for thrills and excitement then Go-Kart Racing should be your next rainy day adventure. K1 Speed is amongst the most popular in San Diego and has indoor tracks, entertainment areas, and open to the public every day of the week.
- Visit one of the many museums that San Diego has to offer. Check out our San Diego Nanny Kid-Friendly Museum Guide for more info.
- Tired of watching movies at home on rainy days? A family favorite and nanny go to for rainy days, visit your local movie theater and watch your favorite new movie on the big screen. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Indoor playgrounds are sure to take away the rainy day blues. Whether you are in North County or downtown San Diego, these fun filled play “gyms” have been popping up right and left in the last few years. Some of our favorites are Kids Ventures, FUNbelievable, and Uptown Jungle. Most of these indoor play areas also serve snacks and drinks when bellies start growling.
- Hit two birds with one stone and enjoy a yummy dinner in a kid-friendly restaurant and let the kids play. Places like Dave N Busters, Boomers, and more provide entertainment and dinner. Check out other kid-friendly restaurants on our San Diego Nanny Kid-Friendly Restaurant Guide.
- Lastly, there’s no better time to promote more reading than on rainy days. Visit your local library where kids can enjoy story times, free play, and reading their favorite books. Make sure to get a library card so you can bring their favorites home for bedtime. Story times are usually listed on your local libraries website!
Rainy days are rare in San Diego and most kids get tired of staying at home. If you’ve used up all your favorite activity ideas or just want to do something different, any one of these San Diego Nanny Rainy Day Ideas can help spark new excitement.